Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Do you feel better now?

I feel sick to my stomach.
Why does this keep happening?
The words you speak are so convincing, but none are the truth.
Misconceptions grow and are revealed once my heart is already involved.
Does it make you feel smart to know you had me fooled?
Who can I depend on? Do I have anyone at all?
Don't speak if you can't back up your words. Don't lead if you don't want me to follow.
Do you realize what you've done?
Where did my heart go? There's a huge hole where it used to be.
I'm terrified. You took my home. And now I have nowhere to go.
Do you feel accomplished for leaving me homeless?
How long will this go on? Am I just not good enough?
What does it take for you to love me?
Everything seems pointless. They all know.
They laugh because they know. They know you had me and I fell for it.
Do you feel superior making me feel like an idiot?
Should I even open my mouth anymore?
Jesus, please come take me home. I feel suffocated on this earth.
I need to feel loved. I need to feel wanted. I need to feel like I belong.
Fill this void inside of me and take this pain away.
I'll walk this earth alone today, physically.
Their friendship isn't real. Sure, they can say it is. But I'm done falling for that.
Pick me up, God. Cause I can't do this on my own.
Hold me up today. For every step I take is one step away from falling on my face.
Do you feel better now?
Don't bother if you are just saying things to make me feel different.
I don't want different. I want the truth.
I want love. I want to be cared for.
But you can't be that person when nothing you say is real.
I must be insane to think I was special to you.
But I'm just another face in the crowd.
Lord, please just take me home. I want to go home.
There I'll find my heart. And gosh, do I miss it.
Bring me back to that place of comfort and peace.
Bring that warmth and love back.
Be forgiving cause I know I'm not perfect.
But I still love you. I always will.
And I thank God, because he is the one that loves me.
One day this will all go away. One day everything will be ok.
We can do this. I'll get through it.
You tell me I'm worth it and You are the only one I can trust.
Show them what love is.
Let's make this world a better place.
Bring back my heart. I want to give it to others.
We can do this.
Do you feel better now?

1 comment:

Lidia said...

YOU are loved. God loves you and he has a wonderful plan for your future, you are my future and I thank God for you every day. You make my sun come up and bring warmth and cozy feeling in my life. I would be lost without you!! I LOVE YOU!!